Wednesday, August 24, 2005

香港でカラオケ



Pat flew in on Tuesday morning. After getting lunch w/ Jetrin, we decided to head to TST to see a movie.
I couldn't resist stopping here for a picture. The best part is that its like 3/4th sized... Hobbit Dan, as it were.


We went to see "7 Swords", but this theater too was showing 'Drink Drank Drunk', This promo display is pretty cool.


We saw a HK police van. I sereptitiously snapped a photo. Later on in the taxi we passed a bunch of motorcycle cops too, it was very 'Police Story' -- I get a kick out of this kind of stuff for some reason (the reason is cause I'm a HK film dork).

Later that night we met up with Dan and friends at a Karaoke place in Kowloon. It was a birthday party. It was my first time doing karaoke in HK.


OF course lots of drinking and toasting.

It was fun, cause I got to use some japanese (since her english was not very jouzu and my cantonese is moto heta!). I forgot to mention that the night before at the TV thing, Jetrin and I met Hiro, who was in New Police Story, Enter the Phoenix and Drink Drank Drunk.

Then things got a bit bizarre:

A friend of theirs who was in the same karaoke place came by to say hi, he was standing in the doorway talking to a few people, and then suddenly the door opened and a few guys rushed in and we saw a lot of flashing, it was The Papparazzi! There was at least one person holding a camera up over their heads doing rapid fire shots of anything and everything in the room. As you can see in the photo above there was also a guy waving a DV camera around trying to film everything. There was a lot of shouting and they forcably expelled them from the room within a few seconds.

But pat and I were liked stunned with disbelief. Afterwards I asked Dan, "was that for real?" he said it happens once in a while, just not usually in a private place like this. It was weird... maybe tomorrow's tabloid will have a horrible picture of pat and I sitting on the karaoke sofa with our mouths hanging open in a confused state.... or maybe not.

The reason we went to this place was cause they had just added Alive's first song to their karaoke library.



Last but not least - has anyone seen this before? its "Pepsi Blue"... I guess since Clear Pepsi didn't stick, they decided to add blue coloring instead. :-P

Pretty fun. Everyone was really nice, and thankfully no one asked me to sing 'Take Me To Your Heart.'

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home