Saturday, July 02, 2005

ワシングトン第六番写真!



After leaving the Lincoln Memorial, I walked back along Constitution Ave. I'm not exactly sure what this memorial was for... 'Second Division' is what it says on top. I'll have to look it up on the net.


I walked past Lafayette Park, which is between the Washington Memorial and The White House. Security in force. A lot of landscaping was being redone around the area. Also because of the preperations for the 4th of july, they are putting up lots of temporary fencing and barriers.


The original Smithsonian building, I passed it on my way back.


For lunch I went back to the Air and Space Museum. Here is a Gemini Capsule, the 2nd type of manned space capsule the US sent up.


The WWII gallery, featuring, amongst other things, a P51 Mustang and a Messherschmitt.


Also a Mitsubishi A6M fighter.


They have made a new exhibit on the Wright Brothers' and their 1903 flyer (this one used to be hanging in the main gallery). It gives a lot of background on their early work.


Last but not least, on my way to the cafeteria, I stopped into visit the space suit display. Here are the suits used by Mercury, Gemini and Apollo crew members.


The Apollo one is much more advanced, as its self-contained, which allows for moon walks.

OK, thats it for my washington pictures. I am in San Francisco now, I'll email those pictures tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home