Tuesday, June 28, 2005

ワシングトン第三番写真!

A continuation of the pics I took on Sunday night:

The next place I parked my car was near the White House.

I was able to walk over and take some pictures from across the Rose Garden. I think Bush was home, can you see him in the window?


I asked some old tourist lady to take a picture for me.



The Segway scooter is being used as a way for giving tours to tourists. I saw a bunch riding around earlier. I guess this was wear they drop off the scooters at the end of the trip.



Then I drove BACK past the Lincoln Memorial. I think this sunset shot is even better than the other one!


Then I went to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial. TJ is one of my favorites. He really was the backbone of our country.... writer of the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, 3rd President, a man of Science! :-P


Here's his statue viewed from outside


The view from the front steps of the tidal basin and Mall is great. I took this one by balancing my camera on a flower pot and setting the timer. ;-)




Spectacular sunset!


Even though it was late on a sunday night, still a lot of tourists.


Jefferson - according to the info posted on the walls, it took several rounds of reviews before a sculptor submitted this design. Apparently he's wearing a fur collared overcoat - little did he know that he was ispiring a whole generation of 70s pimps...


Nice design. This memorial was started in 1939, but the final statue wasn't installed until after WWII was over, because it used too much bronze, which was being rationed during the war.


TJ gets a great view out the front door of his memorial though.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I have a few more odds and ends I'll post up tomorrow maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home